I love, love, love my Gizzy quilt. My mom has placed it right by one of the huge windows in our living room, where it gets the afternoon sun. I love to lie on my Gizzy quilt and feel the warm sun on my skin, or sit on it and watch birdies outside.
My Gizzy quilt is extra special because it has DRAGONS on it! Millie's mom found this special dragon fabric for me! Isn't it beautiful?!
Thank you so much for my Gizzy quilt, Millie's mom, for finding the special dragon fabric for me, and for shipping it all the way to Germany! I love my quilt!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Sunday, July 1, 2007
I'm gonna let Mom tell you about her idea for the Holiday Gizzys. Take it away Mom...
"As the Bizzy for Gizzy quilts grew to be a phenomenon, I realized that many cats would like "Holiday Gizzys" and that I could be deluged with orders for Christmas. Since I already have a demanding job, and the quilts take a big chunk of my remaining free time, I tried to think of a way to make Holiday Gizzys that would be fair to the cats who wanted them, yet provide me with enough time to enjoy the holiday season with my family, free of the stress of a drop-dead delivery deadline.
"Fortunately, retailers offer Christmas fabric very early in the year. Making a fixed number of quilts, alerting the blogosphere of their number, price, and sale date ahead of time seemed to me the fairest way to do it."
Holiday Gizzy Quilt Plan
1. There will be 20 quilts only.
2. The size & construction of the Holiday Gizzy Quilts will be the same as now: 24” square, 100% top quality cotton fabric on the top and bottom with fleece in the middle. As usual, the quilts are machine washable and dryable.
3. The Holiday Gizzy quilts will be in the traditional Christmas colors of Red, Green, Gold and White. There will be no predominantly blue or purple fabrics, no religious themes, no Santas, no cats or dogs, and no "novelty” designs. I feel this will make the quilts timeless and have wide appeal. And -gasp- they can be used as woofie quilts also!
4. Photographs of each of the finished Holiday Gizzys will be posted on the Bizzy for Gizzy blog as they are completed so you can see them ahead of time.
5. They will be sold first-come, first-served.
6. No pre-ordering. No waiting lists.
7. Orders will be limited to two Holiday Gizzy quilts per email address per 24-hour period. This way all cats that want a quilt will have the opportunity to get one.
8. The Holiday Gizzy quilts go on sale no earlier than Sunday August 5, 2007. The exact sale date will be announced two weeks ahead of time. My original idea was to start selling the quilts on November 1, but so many cats expressed an interest in them now, I have decided to make them available sooner. Information about how to purchase a Holiday Gizzy will be posted here and my Darling Millie blog on that day.
9. Nobody gets to choose. I'm going to package the Holiday Gizzys up the day before they go "on sale." When an order comes in, I will grab a bag, slap a label on it and ship it out. Even I won't know which quilt will go where.
10. When they're gone, they're gone.
11. There will be no custom "Christmas" quilts. And I will not promise "Christmas Delivery" for any other quilt. Women have too much to do at the Holidays already.
12. Payment will be through Paypal only (to avoid the "check is in the mail" syndrome). You don’t need a Paypal account to pay through Paypal. They can take your credit card or they can suck money right out of your checking account. And they have “e-checks.” It’s safe and secure.
13. As of July 1, 2007, the price for a Gizzy quilt has increased to $45 each. I have really been agonizing over this. The truth is the quilts take far more than 2 hours to make, and 100% cotton fabrics now routinely sell for $10.00/yard.
14. The price for a Holiday Gizzy Quilt is $52.50 USD each and includes US Domestic Priority Mail shipping and a small handling fee. International shipping will be extra.
15. Since I make the quilts, I make the rules, and can bend or change them as I see fit.